Current and recent projects
- The third issue of the journal Critical Multilingualism Studies, which I co-edit with my colleague David Gramling, appears in June 2013, with contributions from Michael Holquist, Glenn Levine, Deniz Göktürk, and Anjali Pandey.
- Together with my colleague David Gramling, I am collaborating on a large grant project on Researching Multilingually at the Borders of Language, the Body, Law, the State, which is funded through the Arts and Humanities Research Council of the UK and led by Alison Phipps (University of Glasgow). Our case study in the project considers Southern Arizona, where we live and work, as a multilingual ecology that is far more complex that many discussions of bilingualism and biculturality often imply and what implications this has for teaching, learning, researching, and translating languages.
- Some preliminary discussion of one of my current projects is featured in a chapter, which I co-authored with Jon Reinhardt and Kristin Lange on "Digital games as practices and texts: New literacies and genres in an L2 German classroom." Our contribution and the rest of the Calico volume on Digital Literacies in Foreign and Second Language Education (edited by Janel Pettes Guikema and Lawrence Williams).
- Routledge's latest handbook on stylistics has recently appeared. This beautiful volume, edited by Michael Burke, includes a contribution from me on “Literary Pragmatics and Stylistics."
- My colleague David Gramling and I also have an article--“Kontaktpragmatik: fremdsprachliche Literatur und symbolische Beweglichkeit.”--forthcoming in the journal Deutsch als Fremdsprache as part of a special issue on Literature in German Foreign Language Teaching.
- Watch for the volume Transforming the Foreign Language Curriculum in Higher Education: New Perspectives from the United States (edited by Janet Swaffar and Per Urlaub) later this year, which includes my chapter “Mapping New Classrooms in Literacy-Oriented Foreign Language Teaching and Learning: The Role of the Reading Experience."